Friday, November 19, 2010

The Snow has Arrived...

It started snowing on Monday evening and it hasn't stopped since... it looks so magical and like Christmas, especially when I saw a family of Elk (with a baby one) on the corner of our street.  Maybe its Elk and not reindeer that pull father christmas's sleigh.  The two pictures below are of Grizzly Street and our place... we live on the right hand side of the big house.
 

 The Bow River is nearly frozen over now too, which means we'll be able to go ice skating soon.  Its definitely got a lot colder this week, and next week its going to be crazy cold!  Up to -23oC on Monday and Tuesday!!!


Nick found a job and started on Monday as a ski tech, but I'll let him explain all about that next time he writes.  He seems to be really enjoying it, especially the amazing discounts that he gets on all the gear!  I'm still looking, as everywhere seems to be full time (30-44hrs a week) whereas I want less than 30hrs so I can ski.  Had an interview yesterday for Brewster by 3 girls.  It went ok except when they asked me how my multitasking skills were and I answered "Well I'm a woman so I'd say I'm pretty good" and only 1 of them laughed it may have taken a turn downhill, oops!  The worst part was that they gave me a chair with wheels that swizzled round, and on a very shiny wooden floor.  I tried so hard not to move but when you're nervous and they're sat at 3 different points around a big table its impossible not to move around.  Never mind, its 30-40hrs a week anyway; so i'll keep looking.  Started applying for restaurants now, but they don't start hiring for another week or so, so I guess I should make the most of the snow.  Going to go buy a sledge today :-)

Tomorrow Nick is doing his CSIA (ski instructor course) at Mount Norquay, so thought I'd head along too and test out the new skis.

No comments:

Post a Comment