Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hostess with the Mostest

After 5 weeks of job searching, we both now have jobs... Nick is a ski tech and gets loads of huge discounts and I'm a hostess at a hotel that must remain nameless due to confidential issues, and get a free bus pass.  I start at 6.45am and have to wear a blouse and waistcoat, sexy!  My job sounds quite catty and I have to look after a lot of money so not sure how long I'll last but we'll see.

On tuesday night we went to see Harry Potter... just $5 each.  It was awesome, cant wait for the last one.  We were so sad that Dobby died, but Sabrina thought it was really funny - she's not really a fan.  Yesterday was my first day at work for quite a long time.  Really didn't like the 5am start :-(  I only just made it on time because I couldn't get into my locker to get my uniform, and then I got lost.  The hotel is so huge, especially in the back corridors.  It was Nick's first day off work for quite a while so he spent the day on the hill.  We played monopoly last night with Sabrina and Chris, and Nick won with, in his words, "just 6 hotels".  Sabrina had 7, and Chris peaked with 6 houses.

For dinner tonight Nick is making a super sweet feast - steak with prawns and potato dauphinioise!  So excited :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment