Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Perfect Sunday


Finally after 3 months I was given a Sunday morning off work, and I'd just like to boast about how amazing my boyfriend is...  I woke up to a glass of orange juice, a cup of tea, and the smell of freshly baked muffins.  Yes Nick had baked us blueberry muffins for breakfast, which we ate (scoffed!) while watching Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit on the tv!  Definitely worth the wait for a Sunday morning off.

After a very lazy morning we decided to give cross country skiing a go.  We rented the equipment from Nick's shop at a very cheap rate, and then drove to Banff Springs where there are a few trails.  There were a few other cross country skiers leaving when we arrived so Nick went over and asked them where the good routes were.  They told him the tracks were quite difficult to find and this proved correct.  We managed to find what we now have decided might have been the difficult routes as it was mostly up hill, and a massive challenge for newbies!  The fun part was then trying to get back down, which ended with me on my bum and then stuck there for about 5 minutes and Nick just laughing at me.  Finally at the bottom of the hill we found the easy route which went by the side of the Bow River, and we followed this for a while before heading home as I had work.  We'll definitely give it another go, and maybe snow shoeing too sometime.


  



This is a photo of the frozen Bow River with the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel poking out of the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment